Experienced in Complex Cardiac Care
Brigham and Women's Heart & Vascular Center offers a full range of cardiovascular services in our Carl J. and Ruth Shapiro Cardiovascular Center, fostering seamless, coordinated care in one convenient location. Our experienced clinical team provides specialized care for all types of heart conditions, from the common to most complex.
Our center is one of the largest in the U.S., treating more than 54,000 patients. Our high volume translates into better outcomes for patients. The team includes more than 225 physician specialists in cardiovascular medicine, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, cardiovascular anesthesiology, and cardiovascular imaging, and more than 475 nurses who specialize in cardiovascular care.
Our team at the Heart & Vascular Center offers patients:
- Expert care from the No. 9 best hospital for cardiology & heart surgery in the country, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- Access to the latest innovations in cardiovascular care from a team of physician-researchers who have continuously sought to improve patient care, from developing the model for today's defibrillators to discovering that aspirin helps prevent heart attacks
- Comprehensive, coordinated care in the Shapiro Center, which provides an atmosphere of healing in a comfortable, relaxed environment
- An individualized, compassionate care plan to ensure you and your family's needs are heard and met
- Access to clinical trials from a team of researchers committed to improving care for complex heart and vascular disease; in 2014 alone, our researchers were responsible for 281 active clinical trials, with more than 100,000 participants worldwide.
- Second opinions and consultations for the most complex patients from across the U.S. and the world, even those who have been told there are no treatment options available at another center
- A team of top-notch cardiac specialists who are all on faculty at Harvard Medical School (HMS)
- Collaboration with other specialties within Brigham and Women's Hospital to provide specialized care for patients with complex needs or who have other medical conditions
- Our Genetics Program is at the forefront of research and care of inherited cardiac disorders. We specialize in managing Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, Marfan syndrome, Long QT syndrome and other inherited arrhythmias, inherited aortic aneurysms and more
- Specialty programs many other institutions don't offer, including a Cardiac Amyloidosis Program, a Cardio-Oncology Program, a Cardiovascular Imaging Program and more
"We find the right treatment plan based on each patient's unique needs. Using our diagnostic and clinical expertise, we provide the right care for the right patient at the right time," Kevin J. Croce, MD, PhD, Director of the Chronic Total Occlusion Program